- What does it mean to backdoor shoes?
- What does hit a line mean?
- What does match it up mean?
- How do most surfers die?
- What does it mean to backdoor someone?
- What does backdoor mean in Chicago?
- What is a wasteman?
- What is another word for still?
- What do locals call Chicago?
- What does merch mean in Chicago?
- What does still mean in slang?
- What does back it up mean in slang?
- What does Kook mean in surfing?
- How many have died at Pipeline?
- What does backdoor mean in surfing?
- What is pack it up mean?
- How do Chicagoans say Chicago?
- Is backdoor a word?
- What does BBK stand for?
What does it mean to backdoor shoes?
We all know it happens.
A monumental sneaker release every other weekend typically ends in disappointed customers since there aren’t enough pairs around, but back-dooring, the act of shop employees holding pairs back for select customers who don’t have to wait on line or enter hapless raffles, still runs rampant..
What does hit a line mean?
1. American Football. to try to carry the ball through the opposing line. 2. to try boldly or firmly to do something.
What does match it up mean?
intransitive/transitive if one thing matches up with another, or if they match up, they are the same or have similar qualities. Information received from the two informants didn’t match up. Synonyms and related words. – To be similar to, or the same as, something or someone.
How do most surfers die?
Drowning caused by multiple wave hold downs, rip-currents or a caught leash holding the surfer underwater also make up a significant proportion of the total death toll, while Sharks attacks and other deadly wildlife encounters constitute a small but very well publicised percentage.
What does it mean to backdoor someone?
If you say that someone is doing something through or by the backdoor, you disapprove of them because they are doing it in a secret, indirect, or dishonest way.
What does backdoor mean in Chicago?
1. adjective Done or achieved in a clandestine, stealthy, illegal or illicit way, or by such means. Such backdoor appointments of its chief members of staff make me worry that nepotism is rife within the company.
What is a wasteman?
: a worker who removes waste: such as. a : one who collects and disposes of waste that accumulates during a manufacturing process. b : a mine worker who keeps working areas and passageways free of refuse and repairs brattices. — called also jerry man.
What is another word for still?
SYNONYMS FOR still 1 unmoving, inert, quiescent. 2 soundless, mute. 4 pacific, placid, serene. 8 quiet, hush, calm.
What do locals call Chicago?
Chicago has many nicknames, the most well-known being the Windy City. Chi-town is a close follower. While Chi-town is often used by visitors, in marketing, or in popular writing about all things Chicago, many locals bristle as the nickname as something they don’t use.
What does merch mean in Chicago?
to ask for proof6. Merch. Merch is pretty popular in the music industry, as it’s usually used as an abbreviation of merchandise. In Chicago slang, however, merch means to ask for proof. If you tell your friend that you know her boyfriend is cheating on her, she might reply with “merch.” That simply means that she wants you to prove it …
What does still mean in slang?
Styll sounds like “still” but it means you agree or it’s true. It’s like the 80’s saying, “word.”
What does back it up mean in slang?
1. Definition (expr.) prove; support; show. Examples If you accuse someone of lying, you should be able to back it up. Take “back-it-up” Quiz.
What does Kook mean in surfing?
Kook, noun. Pronunciation: kük : An individual with no understanding of the social and sartorial norms of surfing. In the water, a kook’s cluelessness can aggravate or endanger other surfers; on occasion, kooks can even be recognized solely by the faux pas they commit out of the ocean.
How many have died at Pipeline?
Approximately eleven surfers have died while surfing Pipeline over the years. Last February, surf photographer Jon Mozo passed away while shooting Backdoor. There have been hundreds of serious injuries over the years, however.
What does backdoor mean in surfing?
To backdoor a wave is to take off behind the peak of a hollow wave and surf through the barrel to the other side of the peak. The usual/easier take off is to take on the peak or further down the shoulder. The name comes from the short, intense right-hander that breaks off Hawaii’s Banzai Pipeline.
What is pack it up mean?
1. Fig. to quit trying to do something; to give up trying something and quit. I was so distressed that I almost packed it in.
How do Chicagoans say Chicago?
Pronouncing the Chicago’s First Syllable. Break the word “Chicago” into syllables. This becomes “chi-ca-go” and will help you master the pronunciation.
Is backdoor a word?
noun Also back door . a secret, furtive, or illicit manner or means: The business has a backdoor through which the board of directors can access slush fund money.
What does BBK stand for?
Boy Better KnowSummary of Key PointsBBKDefinition:Boy Better KnowType:AbbreviationGuessability:4: Difficult to guessTypical Users:Adults and Teenagers